LIFE IN MORROWIND - DAY 11

Yesterday, as I barely escaped from the Shulk egg mine with my life, I was sure I would not be going back there. I would just return to Eydis and excuse myself from this task - and from the Fighters Guild in general. It did not make sense for me to join them in the first place. Me, a fighter? Not even funny.

As I woke in the morning today, I felt differently. Admitting defeat is never pleasant, of course, but this was something else. Not even a hurt sense of pride, no. I am struggling to understand this new personality that I am apparently developing on the alien soil of Vvardenfel. In this case, as I questioned myself on my motives, I realised that deep inside me I had an irrational sense of confidence: I knew I could do it, I could handle those egg poachers, and I could handle Fighters Guild. Maybe not right now, not without preparation and learning, but I felt that I could handle anything.

This time I arrived to the mine knowing what to expect and where to go. I did not spend time and energy roaming the underground labirinth and casting invisibility spells to avoid its hostile kwama denizens. I ran directly to that part of the cave where I had seen the bandits earlier (wondering if I would still find them in there or if they had moved their lair, alerted by my brief appearance). I ignored the kwama foragers, who were chasing me - they were not fast enough to catch up, and I knew I would soon be putting a door between me and my pursuers. These kwama creatures may be smart as far as insects go, but they have not learnt to open doors yet.

As I passed through the door to the cave that had witnessed my yesterday's failure I knew immediately that the rouge miners were still there, as I was greeted by their enraged shouts: apparently, they were on high alert now and noticed me immediately. But I was well prepared and did not panic this time around. First - summon a clannfear - a new and powerful spell I had learned this morning in the Mages Guild. A ghastly green lizard appeared, as tall as a man, with vicious claws and a razor sharp beak. Second - cast invisiblity. Both spells worked flawlessly this time as I was concentrated and determined. Now I just watched my daedric summon easily dispatch my enemies. In half a minute, it was all over. One more spell - Almsvi intervention - and a few minutes later I was reporting to Eydis the succesful completion of her task. 

It was a great start of the day, a much better one than I had expected on the previous night. But I did not stop there. It's almost like there's some sort fire burning inside me, giving me energy and drive that I had never known before. Every day I take mortal risks, I vitness and do things I had thought impossible. And yet I do not feel overwhelmed or lost - on the contrary, my determination and sense of purpose is incresing with each passing hour in this world.

In my pursuit of better understanding this land and its society, I wanted to get a taste of all major factions and influetial groups. I was already part of the two main guilds, a local Great House and Tribunal Temple. There was another important and prominent power in these parts - the Empire. Of course, I was also technically a members of the imperial secret service, the Blades, but that meant nothing for me at the moment. 

I asked around and found out that I could, potentially, join the Imperial Legion itself as a new recruit, or serve their religious order, the Imperial Cult. Even now I could not imagine myself in any kind of military force, so that only left the Cult.

With that decision, I arrived to Ebonheart, the seat of imperial power in the province of Morrowind. 


I was welcomed to the Cult, and when I asked how I could serve them, I got handed out a number of menial jobs, which mostly involved travelling and talking to people. I've completed a few of them today and have more on my list for tomorrow. I even got promoted to the rank of Initiate. I got to sleep in the chambers of the Imperial Castle in Ebonheart, another exciting day behind me and even more exciting days waiting ahead. After just ten days here, I can already say that I'm loving my new life here in Morrowind.

Comments

  1. Looking forward to more!
    Love the immersed LitRPGness of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still hoping you release more, even years later!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LIFE IN MORROWIND - DAY 9

LIFE IN MORROWIND - DAY 6